For the purposes of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap 486), we are the data user (ie, the company who either alone or jointly or in common with other persons, controls the collection, holding, processing or use of your personal data).
Collection of Data
We will collect personal information about you (such as your name, address, contact details or other personal information) whenever you complete an online form. We may also collect personal information about you if you willingly offer such information through completing the online enquiry of, if you complete online form for any event(s) or seminar(s) that we may have. If you offer such information, you agree to our processing it for the purpose of our records, giving legal advice and for production if so required by law.
Use of Personal Data
We will use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To identify you, conflict of interest search
- Record keeping, file opening and general administration
- Contacting you and follow up on your enquiry or registration for event(s) and/or seminar(s);
- Research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis
- Customer profiling and analysing your area of interest
- Marketing and to notify you of any updates and improvement of our services
- Fraud prevention and detection
- To notify you of any changes to this website or to our services
- Security vetting and searches
- Improving our services.
Disclosure of Personal Data
We may disclose your personal data to:
- Our agents and service providers
- Law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity
- Our business partners for marketing or advertising or our supplier(s) /service
Keeping your data secure
Though we will safeguard your personal data and use reasonable efforts to protect it, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and e–mails) for the purpose of training, fraud prevention and compliance.
Information about other individuals
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his or her behalf and has agreed that he or she has given his/her consent for you (a) to process his/her personal data; (b) to receive data protection notices; (c) transfer his/her personal data abroad; and to the processing of his/her personal data for its use and disclosure set out above.
Transfer of data out of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
When you signed up on our Enquiry or register for an event or seminar, you agreed that we may transfer your personal data to countries outside the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region. Rest assured that we will always ensure any transfer is subject to appropriate security measures to safeguard your personal data.
Marketing and opting out
Once you complete our online application, you have given your permission for us to handle and use your data, we may contact you by mail, email or telephone about our services, promotions or trainings/seminars that may be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive any direct marketing communications from us, you can opt–out at any time. See further Your rights, below.
You have the right, subject to the payment of a small fee of HK$ 200, to request access to personal data that we may process about you. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
- Put your request in writing
- Include proof of your identity and address (eg a copy of your Hong Kong identity card or passport)
- Attach a cheque in the amount of HK$200 made payable to Elsa Law & Co. Solicitors
- Specify the personal data you want access to, including any account or reference numbers where applicable.
You have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your data free of charge. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
- Put your request in writing
- Provide us with enough information to identify you (eg account number, username, registration details)
- Specify the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
You also have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
- Email us at email@example.com with your written request with a header of “Unsubscribe’
- Provide us with enough information to identify you (eg your full name, our reference number
- Specify your objection to which mode of marketing.
Our Contact Details
We welcome your feedback and questions. If you wish to contact us, please send an e–mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can write to us at Room 303, 3rd Floor, On Hong Commercial Building, 145 Hennessy Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong or call us on (852) 2309-2178.
We reserve the right to revise this policy or any part of it from time to time. Please review the policy periodically for changes